Access, Registration & Setup Submitting a Case Checking Case Status Uploading Files to Existing Case View Case Files Daily Case Status Notifications Bill Pay & Statement Review
Access, Registration & Setup
Accessing the Portal
- Access the portal by clicking the green "Submit a Case" option in the top-right corner of any page on the website.
- The URL address is: https://customer.specialtyappliances.com/login.aspx "Bookmark" the URL in your browser for quick access!
NOTE: Only upload files to cases that have not yet been invoiced.
NOTE: DO NOT use this option to upload files for a remake case. When submitting files for a remake, please follow the "Submit A Case" directions.
Portal registration is a one-time set up that must be completed before logging in for the first time.
- NOTE: In order to register, you must have an account established with Specialty Appliances. To establish an account, please complete the New Account Form and email it to NewAccounts@SpecialtyAppliances.com. We will then contact you to complete your account setup.
(1) Begin this process by selecting "Register" under the "I don't have an account" section on the login page.
(2) In addition to creating a username and password that you'll use to log in, you will need to enter 3 additional pieces of information about your account with Specialty Appliances:
- Account #: You can find your account number at the top of any invoice or statement that you've received from Specialty Appliances:
- E-mail Address & Office Phone: Make sure that the e-mail address and office phone number added here match the information on file at Specialty Appliances for your account. If you are experiencing issues with this registration process, please contact Specialty Appliances customer service team to confirm that the correct information is being entered here.
- Once registration is successfully completed, login and click "Account Settings" on the home page.
- Information about your account including "General Info", "Shipping Address", "Phone & Email," and "Billing Address" will populate based on the information that we have on file for you. Please review the information on this screen, make any corrections necessary, and "Save Changes".
Submitting a Case
(1) Once logged in to the portal, click the "Submit A Case" button.
(2) Complete the information in the following sections:
- Doctor Name
- Patient First & Last Name
- Requested Return Date
- Date should be at least 1 day before the appointment date.
- For more information on case scheduling, click here!
- Rx Submission Method
- Scanner Type
- If scans are being sent to Specialty Appliances directly through the scanner, please specify the type of scanner used.
- Rush Shipping (if applicable)
- General Comments
- Shipping Address
- If an alternate shipping address is needed, click "Change" on the right-hand side and select the correct address from the list of addresses we have on file.
- Please contact our customer service department to add a new address.
(3) Once all case information has been entered, the next step is to upload the corresponding digital Rx and any supporting images, scans, etc.
- NOTE: Please be sure that the file type selected matches the actual files being uploaded.
(4) Lastly, authorize and sign the case by clicking the signature check box and select "Submit Case" to send the case to Specialty Appliances!
Checking Case Status
(1) To view the status of a case sent to Specialty Appliances, select the 'View Case Status' option from the home page.
(2) All cases sent to Specialty Appliances from your office(s) will be visible within this module. The following options are available to filter cases:
- Cancel Case
- Only cases that are still in the "Submitted" status are able to be cancelled through the portal.
- To cancel a case that is "In Production," please contact our customer service department.
- Upload Files
- If sending scan(s) and Rx, upload all files as "Model Scan."
- If sending scan(s) ONLY, upload files as "Model Scan."
- If sending Rx ONLY, upload file as "Photos & Attachments."
- Upload size limit: 200MB
- Please do not upload files to cases that are invoiced.
- View Attached Files
- Clicking the "Track" icon will automatically open the carrier tracking details on that case.
(3) When a case is selected, it will be highlighted in pale yellow and there are certain actions that will appear depending on the status of the case:
Uploading Files to an Existing Case
There are various reasons why a customer may need to submit files for a case after the original submission event:
- All files not submitted during original submission.
- New scans are required.
- Updates/changes to be made to Rx that was originally submitted.
- Lab requesting intraoral photos.
If additional files need to be submitted, follow the instructions below to do so.
(1) Access the "View Case Status" option from portal's home page.
(2) Find the case that you would like to upload files for and click on the "View Case Details" icon.
(3) A window will appear showing the details of the selected case. Click on the "Upload Files" option.
(4) Browse for and select the desired file(s). Feel free to include a note indicating why the additional file is being uploaded (ex: re-scanned patient due to distortion in original scan). Click "Upload."
Viewing Case Files
To review the files that have been submitted for a given patient, please follow the instructions below:
(1) Access the "View Case Status" option from portal's home page.
(2) Locate the specific case that you'd like to review submitted files for and click on the "View Case Details" icon.
(3) When the Case Details window opens, click on the "View (# of files) Attached Files" option on the right-hand side of this window.
(4) A window called "View Attachments for Case_____" will open over the Case Details window. Here you will see all files that have been uploaded for that specific case.
NOTE: The files in the "View My Files" section are files related to appliance designs, not the files uploaded for a specific patient's case. Drawings/diagrams for unique designs or frequently requested appliances that we receive from your office will be saved in this location.
Daily Case Status Notifications
Our customer portal now generates daily emails containing the following information:
- Each day's new case submissions
- List of any cases that have been placed on "Hold"
- Each day's shipped cases
You will receive one of these emails each evening which will significantly increase your visibility of cases as they progress through the fabrication process. Contact Specialty Appliances customer service department to add or change recipients of these emails!
Bill Pay & Statement Review
Specialty Appliances is pleased to announce that our customers can now take advantage of online bill pay! Additionally, your monthly statements are also available for your review within the customer portal. Simply log in and select the "Make a Payment" or "View Statements" options on the welcome page to locate this information!